The Academy Grimsby receives additional funding, Pupil Premium, to support students who have been in receipt of free school meals within the last six years. The Academy will primarily focus the Pupil Premium funding to accelerate progress and ‘narrow the gap’ for disadvantaged students.
The Academy uses its Pupil Premium funding to help the attainment of all of its students.
The range of provision includes:
- Reduced class sizes to improve opportunities and outcomes.
- Designated Designated Education Welfare Officer.
- Pastoral managers and Intervention manager
- Laptops and other media to access learning
- One to one / small group teaching for some students to support progress in English and Maths.
- Holiday revision classes.
- Allocation of Teaching Assistants for specific in class support.
- Increased support to address shortfalls in reading and basic numeracy.
- Pastoral support for vulnerable students.
- Access to enrichment activity provision.
- Free access through the Academy’s VLE to e-books to encourage and support home reading.
Impact of this funding:
- Increased attendance from disadvantaged students – average 9%
- Science Core results saw average grade of disadvantaged students only one grade below rest of cohort