Vision & Ethos
To enrich the lives of all by providing high-quality, responsive education and training.
The Academy's Vision is to deliver outstanding learning and educational achievement enabling successful progression and enhanced life opportunities for young people of the local and adjacent communities.
Our Beliefs and Values
Underpinning this Vision is a set of core Beliefs and Values.
The Academy’s beliefs include:
- All of our students will be successful in achieving their very best outcomes
- All of our students should have access to the highest quality opportunities and teaching available
- Success comes from active engagement with, and ownership of, their own learning
- Learning must be appreciated as a lifelong process that will constantly open up new opportunities
- All of our students, and those who support them, will benefit from having their horizons and expectations extended
- All students need to have self-confidence, a strong sense of personal and social responsibility, and eventually ‘work’ and life skills
- Staff are our most important resource
- The best results often come from a ‘culture’ of collaboration and partnership
- The values that underpin the actions should include respect for ourselves, respect for and tolerance of others and respect for the environment.
The Academy’s Values:
- Creativity and inspiration
- A healthy, critical perspective on new ideas
- A ‘can do’ attitude and approach
- Hard work, perseverance and striving for excellence
- Empathy and being prepared to listen to what others have to say
- Helpfulness and a thoughtful attitude and approach to others
- Being responsive to feedback