- About TAG
- Parent Info
- News & Events
- Take A Virtual Tour
Back to school: what will The Academy Grimsby be like in September?
‘The last thing we want to do is close schools…education is a priority.’ – Boris Johnson.
The reopening of schools next month is considered to be a ‘priority’ for the Government. And we’re confident that we’ll be able to open the doors to The Academy Grimsby safely for Year 10s on Wednesday 2nd September and for Year 11s on Monday 7th September, ready for learners to return to normal lessons and pathway tuition.
There are just a few changes to be aware of that will help keep learners and staff safe…
- There are hand sanitising stations in every classroom.
- There are red marks on the floor throughout The Academy Grimsby indicating two metre distances. This makes it easy to work out how far away we all need to be from one another when moving between classrooms.
- Class sizes have always been small, so we’ve been prepared for socially distanced classrooms for a while! Each class will now have space for a maximum of 18 learners.
- Desks have also been configured to allow for enough space between staff and learners, and learners from one another.
- Did you know there’s free transport provided at The Academy Grimsby? Our bus service will be running as normal, but there will be additional spacing allowed for.
- If you’re travelling by bus – whether that’s The Academy Grimsby’s bus or Stagecoach – you’ll also need to wear a face mask.
- During social times, there will be additional supervision in place – just to ensure that everyone is staying safe.
We’re looking forward to welcoming learners back next week. The entire campus has been thoroughly sanitised and our health & safety teams have been working around the clock to make sure that everything is clean and safe.